Your child’s first educational encounters will influence their attitude toward all future learning. We endeavor to make each child’s first formal learning experiences positive and rewarding. By nurturing each child’s special talents, we strive to create a love of learning and a love of self. Learning & Sharing is licensed by the Department of Welfare and the Department of Education. The center is also a Keystone STAR 3.
Serving Infants through Kindergarten
- Our New Cumberland child development center is open from 6:30 am to 6:00 pm Monday through Friday.
- The Center is closed only nine days per year (major holidays).
- The building is bright and spacious with classrooms designed specifically for child day care.
- We encourage parents to bring their child with them on a tour of the school and to meet the staff.
- We will show you each classroom as well as our three outdoor play areas and answer any questions you may have.
- Our staff keeps a structured schedule so children and parents will be able to anticipate the activities of the day.
- We are licensed by the Department of Education and the Department of Public Welfare.
- We are a Keystone STAR 3.
What makes our center stand above the rest?
- Preschool, Pre-K & Kindergarten programs that are licensed by the Dept. of Education.
- Telephones in each classroom so parents may call to speak directly to staff at all times.
- Open door policy for all parents (stop in to visit at any time).
- Observation windows in all of the classrooms.
- A security system that includes alarmed doors and keypad entry at main entrance.
- Weekly cooking projects in all classrooms.
- Our child care center has an open-air classroom adjacent to our playgrounds; great for science experiments, scavenger hunts and rainy days.
- Three huge, fenced-in outdoor play areas: a padded infant & toddler playground, the “preschool” playground (age 3+) and the sports field (for all ages).
- Playgrounds have safe, developmentally appropriate equipment and a lot of room for fun.
- We offer a vacation credit on your year anniversary and every year thereafter.
- Computer education is incorporated into daily curriculum.
- We are proud of our qualified, energetic staff and administration.
Extra activities that we offer:
- Catered hot lunch option. Microwaves in each classroom for parents that choose to pack a lunch (send leftovers!)
- Family oriented socials throughout the year (classroom parties, special parent events, music programs and more).
- Gymnastics classes by Kathy Humphrey’s “Have Gym Will Travel.”
- Soccer Shots
Our staff participates in:
- Professional Development – each staff member takes a minimum of 18 training credits per year.
- Pediatric First Aid, Fire Safety and Emergency Preparedness Trainings
- Sponsoring high school and college students in projects and providing on-site, supervised experiences.
- Membership in NAEYC, CAAEYC and PACCAdigital success.